Home » awards (Page 2)
Category Archives: awards
Congratulations, to Margaret Atwood, winner of a lifetime achievement award from the National Book Critics Circle!
Congratulations to the 2016 winners!
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Madison Gretzky for “After the Fall: Humanity Narrated in Margaret Atwood’s MaddAddam Trilogy.”
- Best Book: Jackie Shead’s monograph Margaret Atwood: Crime Fiction Writer. The Reworking of a Popular Genre (Ashgate: 2015).
Have a great essay, article, book, etc. on Atwood? Submit to our contests!
Congratulations to the 2015 winners!
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Ariel McLean for “The Woman and her Heart or the Woman and A Heart?”
- Best Graduate Essay: Alex Tammaro for “Frog in a Jar: Amphibianism in Surfacing.“
- Best Article: Jennifer Murray for “For the Love of a Fish: A Lacanian Reading of Margaret Atwood’s Surfacing,“ Literature Interpretation Theory 26:1 (2015): 1-21
- Best Edited Collection: Karma Waltonen, ed. Margaret Atwood’s Apocalypses (Cambridge Scholars Publishing)
- Best Book: Reingard M. Nischik for Comparative North American Studies: Transnational Approaches to American and Canadian Literature and Culture (New York: Palgrave Macmillan)
Margaret Atwood Society Awards are named each year; nominations are invited in all categories and should be sent directly to the appropriate judge (see below).
Entries for the 2015 Awards are due by December 1st, 2015. Winners will be notified in early January. (Emailed entries should be in .docx or .pdf.)
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Mairin Barney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Graduate Student Essay (or chapter): Lauren Rule Maxwell, email@example.com
- Best Article: Dunja Mohr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Edited Collection: Sarah Petrovic, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, 2201 Silver Lake Rd, Bartlesville, OK, 74006
- Best Book: Karma Waltonen, UWP (Voorhies Hall), UC Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA, 95616