Home » awards
Category Archives: awards
Margaret Atwood was presented with the Franz Kafka International Prize of 2017. On October 17 at the Old Town Hall in Prague, Atwood received the award, although she was chosen by the international jury in May. See this press release for more information and for a list of past recipients.
Atwood’s interview with Ian Willoughby for Radio Prague can be found here.
At the 2017 Frankfurt Book Fair, Margaret Atwood was presented with the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade for her body of work. “Recognized for her bleak worldview that captures contemporary issues with poignancy,” the accompanying link explains, she “spoke at the Paulskirche about the importance of writing in a historically significant age.” The event was also written about here.
Margaret Atwood is the 2017 winner of the St. Louis Literary Award. The ceremony will be on September 19th at the Sheldon Concert Hall in Grand Center, St. Louis.
Congratulations, to Margaret Atwood, winner of a lifetime achievement award from the National Book Critics Circle!
Congratulations to the 2016 winners!
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Madison Gretzky for “After the Fall: Humanity Narrated in Margaret Atwood’s MaddAddam Trilogy.”
- Best Book: Jackie Shead’s monograph Margaret Atwood: Crime Fiction Writer. The Reworking of a Popular Genre (Ashgate: 2015).
Have a great essay, article, book, etc. on Atwood? Submit to our contests!
Congratulations to the 2015 winners!
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Ariel McLean for “The Woman and her Heart or the Woman and A Heart?”
- Best Graduate Essay: Alex Tammaro for “Frog in a Jar: Amphibianism in Surfacing.“
- Best Article: Jennifer Murray for “For the Love of a Fish: A Lacanian Reading of Margaret Atwood’s Surfacing,“ Literature Interpretation Theory 26:1 (2015): 1-21
- Best Edited Collection: Karma Waltonen, ed. Margaret Atwood’s Apocalypses (Cambridge Scholars Publishing)
- Best Book: Reingard M. Nischik for Comparative North American Studies: Transnational Approaches to American and Canadian Literature and Culture (New York: Palgrave Macmillan)