We are finishing the transition to an electronic journal. Thus, we believe it is time to lower the dues, as production costs will soon be lower.
The executive committee has proposed annual dues of $15 for all individual members. If approved, the new dues would take effect on 1/1/16.
A link to the vote has been sent out to our email list. If you are a member of the society, but did not receive a link to the vote, email Karma at email@example.com.
Margaret Atwood Society Awards are named each year; nominations are invited in all categories and should be sent directly to the appropriate judge (see below).
Entries for the 2015 Awards are due by December 1st, 2015. Winners will be notified in early January. (Emailed entries should be in .docx or .pdf.)
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Mairin Barney, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Graduate Student Essay (or chapter): Lauren Rule Maxwell, email@example.com
- Best Article: Dunja Mohr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Best Edited Collection: Sarah Petrovic, Oklahoma Wesleyan University, 2201 Silver Lake Rd, Bartlesville, OK, 74006
- Best Book: Karma Waltonen, UWP (Voorhies Hall), UC Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA, 95616
I was simply going to post a link to Atwood’s new novel, The Heart Goes Last (a revision of her Byliner Positron series). However, when I went to Powells to grab the link, I discovered that they’re having an Atwood sale. Stock up on Atwood while the sale lasts: http://www.powells.com/promotions/margaret-atwood-sale.
–Karma Waltonen, Editor, Margaret Atwood Studies