Congratulations, to Margaret Atwood, winner of a lifetime achievement award from the National Book Critics Circle!
Congratulations to the 2016 winners!
- Best Undergraduate Essay: Madison Gretzky for “After the Fall: Humanity Narrated in Margaret Atwood’s MaddAddam Trilogy.”
- Best Book: Jackie Shead’s monograph Margaret Atwood: Crime Fiction Writer. The Reworking of a Popular Genre (Ashgate: 2015).
- Humor as Social Critique in Margaret Atwood’s Novels, Short Stories, and Poetry
Friday, 6 January
5:15–6:30 p.m., 110B, Pennsylvania Convention Center
Presiding: Eleonora Rao, Univ. of Salerno
- “The Place You Would Rather Not Know About: Bearing Witness through Humor,” Lauren Rule Maxwell, The Citadel
- “Satirical Freudianism in Margaret Atwood’s The Edible Woman,” Kate Marantz, Univ. of Massachusetts, Amherst
- “Epistolary Atwood: Humor, the Open Letter, and Readerly Communities,” Collin Campbell, Memorial Univ. of Newfoundland